Saturday, September 27, 2014

Becute Velvet Sensation Lipstick - Shade 112


Here I am, on a short trip to Karachi. The weather is humid and the air polluted, its hard for my extensively oily skin to maintain itself and not to break out here. I can see a pimple popping up on my forehead, but *sigh* its unavoidable here. 

The best thing I love about this place, apart from the best taste in food and the best dining restaurants, is the cosmetics! Sometimes you just saunter to the nearby market to find an array of weird copycat body mists and perfumes of various brands. I was just walking through the market and a collection of fragrances caught my attention. They were exact replicas of my beloved bath and body works mists and even of Victorias Secret fantasy collection. Even the names of the fragrances were same along with packaging. The patent name however was different. What has the world come to! 

Going through the new cosmetics collection at the same local mart, I came across a collection of tester lipsticks. I asked the salesperson the origin of these cosmetics and she just said 'we call these local products'. I went on testing the shades of various brands kept and finally came across this brand BECUTE. Their lipsticks were labelled BECUTE "Velvet Sensation Lipstick". 

I was quite surprised at the packaging, it was a very nice aqua shaded pack and the inside lipstick was also in a good plastic container, not the flimsy type you would expect from a local brand. But the funny thing was that there was no mention whatsoever of the country of origin. The only thing written on the package was 'Becute Cosmetics International'. What international country, I have no idea! Another absolutely funny thing was that the company had claimed on the packaging as the product to be 'ophthalmologically tested'. Why would they title a lip product as 'suitable for eyes'!?! Instead of claiming it to be dermatologically tested.

Anyway the price was so good (only PKR 90!) that i went ahead and got 5 shades. Since so far I have used only one shade, hence that is what i will be writing about today.

The shade I first chose was a number 112. This company does not produce shades having a certain name. All colours come with a certain number and you have to test and see whether they are matte or shimmery. 

This particular shade comes under the various shade of coral. The colour payoff is quite good, the finish is smooth and matte, and most surprising of all, the lipstick is actually moisturizing! It did not dry out my lips and was smooth on application. There was no shimmer, but if you top it up with a gloss, no one can tell whether its a high end product or you got it from a nearby local mart. The scent however is of a cheap talc/powder but its not very overpowering, quite subtle but does not disappear after application. Thats the only negative thing i could find, and if you keep the price in mind, I think we can very well applaud at the quality the company has tried to provide.

Heres a swatch: 



This is what the number at the bottom looks like.

Price:

PKR 90 at Hydri Super Market (almost $1 / 0.4 OMR). 

The other retail shops in the market or malls keep this product at various prices ranging from PKR 120 -150, obviously a percentage of which is their personal profit. 

The product comes in a plastic packaging and is about 3.8 g / 13.5 oz net. 

To Summarize:

Overall for the price, I think the quality is quite impressive, with relatively few cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment